Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Look At Me I Am Katie

On Friday Feb 26 my cousin Katie had a basketball game at AHS so some of the family went to watch her. I met my Mom and Dylan there. As I had mentioned Dylan does not like loud noises. When I arrived I saw that Grandma was holding her hands over Dylan ears. After awhile Dylan did get a little more used to it. There was a kid, quiet a bit older than Dylan that walked by us. As he walked by Dylan patted on the bench next to him and said "sit by me". But the kid continued past and climbed up the bleachers a couple rows up and over from us. All the while Dylan watching him and still patting on the bench next to him. I saw the kid move over and pat at the seat next to him and oh boy so did Dylan. He rushed right up there telling me he was going to go sit by his friend - LOL! When Dylan got up there we heard him telling the kid. "That is my Mommy, my Grandma, Kathy, Jackie, Grandma Bentzin and Brad. We are watching Katie. She is right there", trying to find her on the court to point at her. Needless to say Dylan does not have a shy bone in him.
When we arrived at home Dylan was running around in circles showing his Daddy how to play basketball. He would run and pretending he was dribbling a ball and holler "Look at me I am Katie. Say good job Katie" He did this straight for the whole weekend. He ran ran ran and he was always Katie. "Look at me I am Katie" "Say good job Katie" "Way to go Katie" That whole weekend he was Katie the All-Star basketball player and still when basketball gets mentioned or Dylan decides to play basketball once again he is Katie =)

No comments: