Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Swimming - Lauren's Birthday Party




Dylan and I went to Lauren's Birthday party on Sunday Feb 15 at the Holiday Inn. Dylan arrived with the flowers for the Birthday girl- yes I am teaching him right. Lauren was already in the pool so Dylan was very eager to get his trunks on and go swimming too. At first he was a little hesitant to get in, so we starting in the kiddy pool, which he wasn't sure about that either. We haven't been swimming since Summer and he loved it then so I knew he just needed a little time to adjust. I don't mind that I haven't had to do like my mother did and jump in the water fully clothed because David and I would just run and jump in water whenever we saw it. We loved the water. David jumped in the deep end a couple times. When my mom would pull him out he would look at her and say "I was swimming Mama" Not really David but whatever :) LOLDylan liked to sit on the edge of the kiddy pool kicking and splashing. We did this for awhile and finally made our way to the big pool. We all had a blast. There was a ton of kids in the pool and Dylan just loves being around and watching others. Jenna's nephew Michael kept swimming under water and popping up right by Dylan and he found that hilarious. At first he was really concerned when he went under water and wasn't coming up right away. He looked at me and said "HELP". Then Michael popped up and Dylan realized this was a game and Michael didn't need any help. There was one girl there, I believe an older cousin of Lauren's that Dylan sure seemed to like. He would smile at her and try to make his way by her in the pool. After we got out of the pool and dressed whenever he saw her he would follow her everywhere. He is such a little flirt.


No comments: