Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Such A Fun Day

Saturday the 18th of July both Heath and I had to work early in the morning so Grandma Betty came to our place to watch Dylan.  I am sure waking up to his Grandma was part of  his 'fun' day.  Another bonus to the day was probably Grandma's pancakes in the morning instead of Mama's.  I don't know what it is but it seems 'Grandma's' pancakes are always the best.  After breakfast Dylan and Grandma went to Toys R' Us to get James The Tank Engine.  Grandma Betty promised Dylan this engine if he sat like a good boy for his haircut that his Daddy took him to the previous Thursday.  And of course he was a good boy =)
Dylan called me from Toys R Us, "I want this Thomas bed! he exclaimed.  I knew exactly what bed he was talking about too.  I have seen this bed and thought how cute it would look in Dylan's already decorated Thomas room.  But unless we need his crib before he needs a toddler bed.  I don't think he will be getting it because his crib turns into a toddler bed.  Of course James wasn't the only thing that Dylan got at Toys R' Us.  He also got a Thomas back pack, which came with a Thomas lunch kit, and he got a caboose that plays the Thomas theme song when you press it.  Every time Dylan presses the caboose and the songs starts playing he looks at Grandma and says "Thank you so much Grandma".  Obviously he really loves this toy. 
We also had a family picnic scheduled in Owatonna at my Aunt Janet's house. The picnic didn't start until 3 so Heath and I were able to go, we just arrived late.  Dylan had such a good time run, run, running all over the place, playing with the bubbles in the pool, throwing the bocce balls around the yard, and just simply entertaining everyone.  On the way home he was so tired.  Before falling fast asleep Dylan took his nookie out of his mouth and said "I had such a fun day Daddy."  He sure did!!

No comments: