Monday, May 18, 2009

1-2-3...

I am not sure what most 2 yr olds are supposed to know at this age, but even before Dylan was 2 he seemed to know so much more that I thought he would. He knew all of his colors well before 2 . He would count for us, not in the right order, but he would count. He doesn't always cooperate with us now, but he can count to ten. Usually when you ask him to, he will say "1-2-3-4-9" but when he goes up or down stairs he will count "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10" He knows almost all 26 of the letters. I will ask him which letter is "G, Y, D & so on" and he will show me. Heath and I are so proud of our little smarty pants. I think most children at this age feel like circus monkeys most of the time because their parents are constantly trying to show off every new thing they learn to family and friends. Most of the time I found that you have to allow the child to show off on their watch; other wise it just doesn't work out.

No comments: