Friday, May 15, 2009

Duluth -Mother's Day Weekend


Mothers Day weekend my friend Jenna, her girls, Dylan and I all went to Duluth. Dylan loves Jenna & the girls. He is always asking to go over to the "girls" house. So I knew that spending an entire weekend with them was going to be a huge treat for him; and I was right. We got rooms at the hotel my cousin Chelssy works at, which was a huge treat for me. I don't get to see my little cousin as much as I wished I could. The hotel had a water park so I knew it would be a lot of fun for the kids, and for us kids at heart =)

Dylan's first experience at a water park, about a month back, was not a good one; thanks to the overhead bucket that dumps water on you. This time the water park adventure was a much more pleasant one for him. He was a little leery at first but soon warmed up to the idea of spending hours in the water park (without his hands on the top of his head)

We were also able to spend some time with Jenz, Jenny and adorable little Amanda Lynn (aka Dylan's future wife) Since we don't know the area they toured us around beautiful Duluth. After our scenic drive on Saturday we went to an indoor carnival located in downtown Duluth. Played some games, rode some rides and decided to head back for some more water park fun. This time Chelssy was able to join us at the water park. I was very pleased to be able to spend more time with her.

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We all had a wonderful time. Every morning Dylan says "Water park?" I tell him "No water park today, Honey." He then says "Girls" At least I am able to say "Maybe see the girls later."


No comments: