Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And Brush Your Teeth

This morning I followed our normal routine.  Grabbing Dylan out of his crib, laying him in our bed, and turning Dora on for him. "I'll be right back.  I'm going to get you some milk." I said.  "And brush your teeth." Dylan replied.  I turned around "Brush my teeth?  Does my breath stink?"  Dylan looked at me with his serious look and said "Just brush your teeth."  When I got back upstairs I gave him a kiss "Is that better?"   He smiled and said "Mmmm..."   I guess this was better than the last time he informed me I had morning breath.  ***
A couple weekends ago Heath, Dylan and I were all laying in bed together.  Dylan was laying on my chest drinking his milk.  While his head was laying on my chest I asked him something.  Right after I spoke he looked at me "What's that smell?"  I figured by the look on his face it wasn't a good smell and since he was right in the line of fire "Probably my breath." I replied.   And here comes the brutal honesty of a child.  "Like poopy?" he asked.  Oh did his Daddy ever like that one; until I told Dylan to smell his Daddy's breath and he said it smelled like poopy too.  =) Kids say the darndest thing!!! 
 
 

No comments: