Thursday, January 15, 2009

King of the Remote


I go to the video store about once a week to keep our sanity, otherwise we watch the same videos over and over and over. Thomas the Tank, Baby Einstein, and his newest Land Before Time phase(he found interest in these videos after I rented one for him) So I am trying a variety of videos. He usually has one favorite and wants to watch that over and over which we do until I can coax him into trying a new one Mickey Mouse was a big hit, which in the mornings that show is on for him to watch while I get us going for the day along with Sesame Street, Clifford the Big Red Dog and my personal favorite, SuperWhy.

The last batch of videos I rented had Bambi in it. Dylan absolutely loves it. He laughs whenever they laugh. I would have to say I enjoy watching him watch this video because he is more animated while he watches this. He copies them more. It is really cute.
He always finds a different way to let us know what he wants to watch. This is usually a noise. For Thomas he does the choo choo noise along with the arm signal. We have about 20 Thomas videos so if Thomas is what he wants we have to show him the cover of each video until we get to the one he wants. And believe me he already knows what one he wants to watch. He even flips it over to look at the back cover to make sure it is the right one. The Land Before Time he Rarrr's, Mickey Mouse is Mouw. The Baby Einstein videos he usually makes the noise of the animal that is on the cover. Baby Genius-Favorite Nursery Rhythms videos he wiggles and sings E-I-E-I-O. Bambi is WooWoo(which is the owl in the video) Did I mention he has a very strong liking of owls. He gets his point across and he lets us know if we have it wrong. He is a Tot that knows what he wants. That is for sure. He is so funny because he will sit and watch the whole video, of course he does some playing while he is watching but I swear he is always pay attention to the video as well. He never misses a thing.

No comments: