Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not ready to be a Brother


Dylan and I were playing today and I decided to ask him what he thought about Mommy having another baby and him being a big brother. So I asked him if he would like mommy to have a baby. He gave me a sheepish smile and shook his head no. I said "Don't you want to be a Brother to someone and Mommy have a baby in her tummy." He shook his head no again. I said "Are you Mommy's baby?" He smiled and shook his head yes. I said "Oh Stinker you will always be Mommy's Sweet Little Baby." He smiled again and hugged me. For some reason I think that little Stinker really understood what our conversation was about and really isn't ready to give up being the only baby in the family at this point. For 21 months he seems to understand way more than I thought a 21 month old would. I guess Mommy isn't probably ready to let her Baby not be the only baby yet either. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked, right?

No comments: