Monday, April 27, 2009

The Flying Nugget


Dylan and I had just left the park in Mapleview. We stopped at the annual CRC rummage sale for a quick minute. I told Dylan he could pick one thing out. He browsed for a minute and decided on a Blue Clues Doll. Dylan also noticed a blow up chair for little people. He was testing it out and made sure I noticed him sitting in it as well. When I went to pay for his doll I noticed him still sitting in the chair so I said "Dylan you can only pick one thing. Which one do you want, blue clues or the chair." He quickly replied "Blues Clues" and got up from the blow up chair. After the quick stop at the sale we were on our way to look for sandals at target . As we were driving Dylan kept saying "Park." I said "No we are going to target first, then to a park". A little louder Dylan says "Park" again. I repeated myself "No we are going to target first." Leaving target, getting back to the car Dylan asks "Park?" I assured him that yes we are going to the park now, but I think we need to stop and get something in a drive thru to munch on first. He didn't seem very happy about the stop but it took less than 5 min. I handed Dylan his nuggets to eat on the way to the park to save him precious play time. I could see thru my rear view mirror that he had attitude all over his face so I finally asked him what was wrong. To my surprise a chicken nugget came flying into the front seat. I looked back up in the mirror and said "Did you just throw a chicken nugget at me?" With his arms stretched out and his palms up he replied "Wellllll. Park." I couldn't believe he was trying to justify throwing a chicken nugget at me because I didn't get him to the park fast enough. Does he realize he is lucky we are even going to the park- LOL.
I can't complain though. This is about the just of tantrums or attitude. Of course getting nuggets chucked at me isn't always going to fly (no pun intended) but everything seems to be cute the first time :)

No comments: