Monday, June 29, 2009

Sing It Mom

I am not tone deaf...I can hear what I sound like, and its not good; this is why I don't ever sing. That is until I had Dylan. It is amazing the things we do for our children. =) When Dylan was a baby I used to feel sorry for him having to listen to Mommy singing, but I figured hearing my voice would be soothing for him.. Lately he is constantly asking us to sing the Thomas theme song to him. Since Mommy is the only one that knows the whole song, I am the lucky one that gets to sing it to him every 5 seconds. He loves to listen to Mommy sing. LOL!!! I turn it into a game for us. I will sing part of the song, stopping to let Dylan sing another part. It really is fun for Dylan, but I wished he didn't ask me to sing it when we were around other people =)
This morning when we were watching Mickey Mouse Club I was just getting Dylan's shoes on when the famous "Hot Dog" song started. This is probably every kids favorite part. Dylan was so serious when he pointed at me while getting up from his chair to dance and said "You better sing it Mom!"
******************
Oh yes and the Mom thing...that is a whole other issue....I am Mommy, not Mom. He is to young to call me Mom. Although I have to admit. When he says "I Love You too Mom" at night when I tuck him in; that still sounds as sweet as it could ever be. Sometimes he just sounds like such a big boy when he says Mom to be instead of Mommy! tear tear!!!

No comments: